LANGUAGE AND VOCABULARY SECTION
|1. … play (basketball) as well as||him.|
|he can (play).|
- The further / farther away from the city you drive, the cleaner the air gets.
The further / farther away you drive from the city, the cleaner the air gets. The further / farther you drive away from the city, the cleaner the air gets.
- It was such an expensive hotel (that) …
1.b2. a3. d 4. d 5. b 6. c 7. a 8. c 9. d 10. b 11. c
|3.||to lock||8.||to return|
|1. Ø||2. a||3. the||4. the||5. Ø||6. Ø|
|7. the||8. a||9.||Ø||10. a||11. the||12. Ø|
- the worst
- faster than
- harder than
- less carefully than
- the most important
- less confident
|3.||take to||10. break up|
|6.||take after||13. resume|
|7.||dispute||14. take up|
Spending too much time in front of ythe TV may lead to some changes in children’s behavior
(they might try to)
imitate their heroes
and get into
(they may) be
impressed by the
“bad guy” and be
- (the) separation
- stuck to my guns
- (to) hold down
- (to) come to terms with
- (a) whole new ball game
- chit chat
- T 2. T 3. T 4. F
- He found an au pair to look after the children.
- He found it difficult to socialize with the mothers of other children.
|1. c||2. a||3. c||4. d|
|a. 3||b. 6||d. 7||f.5||g. 4||h. 8|
- a) She put on every item of clothing she had in her rucksack
- She climbed into her survival bag (and spent the night among boulders and the hillside).
- She started to hallucinate. (She thought she could see… plateau.)