The past perfect tense
- The Past Perfect tense bir olay olmadan önce, daha önce olan bir olayı anlatırken kullanılır.
- Türkçe de kip olarak –mişti, -mıştı diye çevrilebilir.
Olumlu Cümle (+)
Özne +had+ Fiil(3)+ Nesne + Zaman İfadesi
Subject +had+Verb(3)+ Object + Time Expression
I had finished the work
You had painted the wall
We had watered the garden
They had completed the work
He had polished the shoes
She had worked there
It had finished the print
I’d written the poem.
Olumsuz Cümle (+)
Özne +hadn’t+ Fiil(3)+ Nesne + Zaman İfadesi
Subject +hadn’t+Verb(3)+ Object + Time Expression
I hadn’t finished the work
You hadn’t finished the work
We hadn’t finished the work
They hadn’t finished the work
He hadn’t finished the work
She hadn’t finished the work
It hadn’t finished the work
Soru Cümlesi (?+)
Had + Özne + Fiil(3)+ Nesne + Zaman İfadesi
Had +Subject +Verb(3)+ Object + Time Expression
Had You worked ?
Had They worked ?
Had She worked ?
- What had you done before you learnt German?
I had learned English.
- Where had you gone before you visited us?
I’d gone to Mugla City.
- Who had you phoned before you came here?
I had phoned my mother.
- Who had phoned you before you left home?
Murat had phoned.
- How had she come here before she went to Izmir?
She had come here by bus before she went to Izmir.
Before dan önce,
I had seen him before I went.
Jane had gone there before they called her.
They had phoned before I phoned them.
After dan sonra,
After I had seen him, I went.
After Jane had gone there they called her.